Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Side Piece Suzy & Side Piece Sam

I often wonder now what would place a person in position as a side piece and what kind of person would willingly go into an emotional relationship with someone with conditions of only experiencing half of them. Well, for me... willingly and unwillingly... it was insecurity. But, have we become so accustomed to the microwaved readiness, push button start society or do we devalue ourselves so much that we are okay with being second best?

At this point in my life, not me, I'm choosing to stand alone, up front and particularly out from the crowd. You see, the way I NOW know my worth is set up, I cannot and will not allow myself to place second in any one's game of dick-to-pussy/cat-and-mouse competition. I'm too much of a winner with first prize greatness to be standing behind someone as runner up. I am not a competitor, but the competition. So, I refuse to allow myself to be placed in a situation or position where I even feel close to competing. Immediate interest lost.

I realize that some of us find ourselves in this situation because of people who want their cake, cookies, pussies, and penis' too--just greedy. Some people are in between knowing what they need to do, but choosing what they want instead. Some of us are comfortable being single without the emotional attachments and have decided it's best to just mix and mingle fuck and be fucked because that's really all they can offer knowing that the heart is way to guarded for hurt. And, some of us have miscalculated who they thought they were getting involved with and are now caught up in the crossfire of their own mess of emotional distress. LOL, the funny thing... in my life, I have been all of the above.

But, ponder this--what happens when you end up unknowingly to all of a sudden knowingly become the side piece? When you get tired of just fucking and being fucked, then what? Have you wasted your time? Do you think that spending time with someone won't make you emotionally engaged with that person along the side-way ass escapades and impromptu fuck-cations? 

Let me be clear people, contrary to what you think, connections and attachments are established long before the physical act of conversation or even sex happens.. because energy attracts, transcends even. So when you think that you're protecting yourself by just maintaining just a friendship, the energy is there, therefore, the feelings are also there. 

People get on my nerves acting as if feelings only come after you've "connected" with someone because of this imaginary level of swag, or game when the truth is... once your energy is released to attract that kind of situation or person no amount of conversation or sex or swag or "game" you spit is going to deny that from happening. 

We really need to stop and think about our own selfish desires... we place people in these side piece situations because we're selfish, because we don't want to admit to being unhappy with the main piece, so with the microwave mentality we are playing weird science and creating the perfect mate, just taking and using the qualities of several different individuals to do it--and for short period of time. We have to stop. If you're in a relationship and something isn't right with that person, communicate that to them, be open and honest enough to share how you feel about what isn't right in order to give the other person the chance to possibly want to fix it. I mean there is reason that you've made them you're main squeeze, right? Think about what made you feel that way about that person. We take so much of the next person's ability to make their own decisions away from them by making it for them because of fear of loss. But damn, what about what you can possibly gain by being open and honest. A better relationship, self worth, communication, better healthier sex, etc. Happiness. If something is broke and worth fixing, fix it... stop putting band-aids on relationships thinking it's going to get better, if you keep placing bandages on an open wound, how will it ever heal. If you keep rubbing a rash and you know it's contagious, then placing your hands on a different spot on your body, it's going to spread. We have to learn to let our selfish desires go because eventually the cause and effect infects, which affects us in the end. 

Why am I writing this, honestly, it's 5:00 in he morning and my thoughts woke me up. 

2 comments:

  1. Being a side piece can be frustrating. Some people go into it with eyes wide open and others get in it and get stuck. Wanting to go but can't let go. Liking the feeling but hating themselves for feeling it. Yet,like a drug,they keep coming back for one more fix. Cold turkey can be hard but needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you 100%!!! I know for me, there were times where I was being selfish and then times where the decision was made for me... either way.. I was caught up and had to force myself out of it. In the end, the side piece always is the one hurt. I realize I'm not set up to play 2nd.

      Thank you for commenting Anonymous!

      Delete