Monday, January 19, 2015

Who am I?


Have you ever wondered who you are? You know, asked yourself the question, "Who am I?" Have you ever looked in the mirror and saw yourself, but felt the image staring back at you was someone else, someone different, someone you didn't recognize? The mirror has two faces, right? Reality and well whatever we want to portray. 

Like, really, I woke up one day and thought who am I, this person that struggles with negative thoughts, but a positive outlook. Conflicted as shit. Unsettled and unsure of who I really was to me compared to who I was to my family, friends, associates, and the like. And, if I was a different person from that of my family to my friends or associates, why was there a need in me to be different around different people. It made no sense to me. After all, I pride myself on keeping it 1000% real, but here I am AfroCentricLovePower is very different than Teshia. Where do I begin and she end or vice-versa and which of us is my authentic self? Recently, I had a conversation with my life coach, and she asked me to write profiles for each individual (I'm curious to know where she is going with this task). She also told me that Beyonce' shared that she no longer needed Sasha Fierce when performing, because the two of them had merged. This really has me thinking... am I on the verge of merging the two now that I realize that my alter-ego may very have been created as a result of my own societal fears. I wonder. 

I realize that my living a negative life had nothing to do with who I am subconsciously, but everything to do with my personal belief system, my surroundings, my associations, and the lies that were told to me as truth and the ignorance of the world about who I am. As I reflect on these things, I can see how negativity weighed me down, made me heavy, bloated, and sick in my mind. I realized that the reason I was so down is because my subconscious self has always been positive and the inward struggle was her fighting what she knew was not her truth. Is this when AfroCentricLovePower was created? Negativity is not my truth.   I (imagine the "I" to the tenth power) created this negative life for myself... it is the responsibility of each of us to love positive! When you have trials and can still see the positive reason for it, you are telling negativity that it has no power! 

I urge you to take a look within and ask yourself WHO AM I, no really are you what society says you should be? News Flash! Society paints a very ugly, negative, and untrue picture, so why believe it. Don't let the negativity and lies weigh you down... it's so much freer living in the positive light of the world as a unique being filled with love, hope, passion and sincerity.

I write this particular post because I believe in sharing good news and what I learn about me, that in my opinion is, serving others. I am sharing my light and transformation out of the old way of negative thinking and into a brighter, higher, more consecrated vibration of energy--positive! I'm choosing life! I want everyone to know that life doesn't have to be a struggle when you choose to know that struggle isn't a part of YOU!

BeaYOUtilFULL!!! Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Uplifting and and ringing of familiarity of my own self. It is still shocking to me even at this age of my life,that people speak to me or see me as a cool person. Usually at work of course. I can feel comfortable to a point but try not let my inner being spill out where it can be seen. The naked and unprotected self. That lil boy who hoped he would be liked in the new classroom,by the new teacher. Looking in the mirror and hoping for acceptance outside,away from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting!!! I think we all face this reality at some point in our lives. I think you should take a deeper look within to see why the naked and unprotected self is not worthy of being seen. Wow, "looking in the mirror and hoping for acceptance outside, away from it." that is you stepping over what you know is there, you just have to be willing to dig deep and find out the reason why you shy away.

      Delete