Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Stuck, Planted, Directed

In the course of these last few months, I felt it was time to make a move regarding my career; mainly for financial reasons. I am grateful for my job, but I took a position after being laid off where I had to take a significant pay cut... I mean like SIG-NIF-I-CANT, but I could and I have... it's been a true lesson in humility, my relationship with money, and what my definition of "success" means. I have such an awesome manager, cool coworkers, and a peace of mind when I go home in the evening, not to mention the flexibility of working from home and not having to work long hours that don't align with my desire that it never truly mattered. I am grateful and appreciative. I could go on about where I'm working, how I manifested this job in the middle of Mercury Retrograde when everything in the Universe was traveling backwards and I was essentially moving backwards, but forward too, but I won't because that's not the moral of this story. The moral of that story sometimes you have to two-step backwards in order to move forward.

Back to today's message.

I recently applied to three different positions; two were private industry reputable companies, and one was a government position equivalent to the position I currently hold (they are planning to do away with the contractor position in 2019). Two of the hiring managers actually explained to me their struggle with the decision of choosing another candidate over me. Both informing me that another position will be opening in FY 2019 and I will be first in line for the position within their company/agency. One where the recruiter said to me, "if you could just hold out for another couple of months, you won't even have to interview."

But check this out.

While all of this is going on, when I was laid off, I had applied to any-and-everything that I could think of so I could survive. Survival mode to the fullest. I am reminded that on or around 2015, I was tired of the whole "survival mode" theme going on with my life and I desired something new, different, more fulfilling (I've been laid off and hired three times in four years.) Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I received an email in response to my application submissions for a part time job. In a matter of a week, I interviewed, was offered, and began working my part time job with the Prince William County government. Although, I am part time, I am still a county employee, which offers me a foot in the door to other county positions, applying as an internal candidate. I was told in August that I would be "working a job at the end of this year that I did not like, but it would serve me well." I received the message and kept it moving.💃

Talk about being stuck, then being planted, AND THEN, being directed.

Being laid off this last time truly humbled me... I mean like HUMBLE HUMBLED!!!!😅

Why am I sharing this... because I just want to encourage someone today, no matter where you are in your life, just pray, and believe in your prayers. Have hope, knowing that hope carries the energy of having what you desire. Have patience and believe in your ability to overcome the struggles in your life that you have created. Take responsibility knowing that you played a part in whatever struggle you have to endure. Life is all about struggle and victory, so it's going to happen. Know that not soon after the struggle comes a reward, but you have to get your mind and heart in the right place to receive. I admit, I'm still somewhat bothered by the "survival mode" theme continuing, but I know that until I have learned the lesson that survival mode is mean to teach me, it will circle back! I acknowledge, one small piece of mastery level achievement of mine is "survival mode," am I emotionally mature enough to even handle what that entails? Probably not, because here I am--still in it.

However, I have new eyes, I'm not battling myself, but using its energy to transform what that means to me. Survival mode no longer means being stuck with what I do not want; I lack no good thing. Survival mode now means that I am planted and directed to the place where ultimately my desire will be manifested!!!!

In the interim, I remain open to the unlimited possibilities that await my arrival. I have two jobs, I have a potential client seeking consulting support for proposal efforts to grow his business, and I still have hope that my TV Pilot will find its way to an Executive Producer that's looking for exactly what I've created! I live a life of intention and meaning, I KNOW that whatever it meant for me will be for me. I am BEing still reverencing the Higher Power that controls my life. I surrender ALL! AND, I HAVE abundance and prosperity cooperating in my favor! I believe in my abilities to co-create!

Today, was a ANOTHER lovely reminder that I vibe high on planes that people say don’t exist!

Ase'

Love & Light

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I literally went through the same thing about 2 years ago. Stuck in a dead end job, I walked out on faith, went bank into banking - my passion - and took about a $15,000 pay cut. I wanted to go back to commercial lending specifically, but I took a head teller job instead to get my foot in the door. I didn't plan well for the adjustment, fell behind on my bills and foolishly cashed out all of my retirement savings. I eventually quit the low-paying job and proceeded to take a string of other jobs that weren't right for me. Then I landed a job back in commercial lending the subsequent year. I was about 4 months behing on my mortgage and pretty months behind on EVERYTHING else, yet I was happy as a clam.

    Fast forward to today...roughly two years later I got a promotion and my salary is a little over double what I was making when I took that pay cut. I never gave up. I put a vision board on my wall at home and even on the lock screen on my phone and kept the faith the my blessings qould come; not in my time, but in God's time. It has. And I have no doubt that if I trust the Universe to provide evrything I need...I will have it...and so will you my love!

    Ebony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ase’ LOVE! Yes. YES AND YEASSSSSSS!!!! Love it! Thank you for your post and support!

    ReplyDelete